PreliminariesAug 25 - 26
Semi-finals / FinalsAug 27 / 28
Venue47 Academy Ave
Middletown NY 10940 USA
MissionThe mission of the Competition is to promote traditional Chinese Martial Arts, propagate martial morality, and revive the true, divinely inspired traditional Chinese culture.
New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD) organized the competition. The finals will be broadcast live globally via internet channels.
Panel of Judges
The panel of judges for this Competition is composed of highly experienced traditional Chinese Martial Arts experts. The Competition’s Organizing Committee has also invited Masters from various martial arts systems to serve as consultants to the Competition.
Categories, content and Requirements
- Entry Requirements
- For adult category: Age range 19 - 60 years old (Birth dates from 1962 - 2003).
- For junior category: Age range 10 - 18 years old (Birth dates from 2004 - 2012).
- If a contestant’s age does not meet this requirement, the contestant may still apply. However, the contestant must include his/her martial arts experience and physical condition in the application in order for the judging committee to consider his/her candidacy.
- The contestants who won the gold award in NTD previous martial arts competitions cannot compete the same category again.
- Competition Categories
- Adult Unarmed Hand Category (divided into male, female): Includes Long Fist styles such as Cha Quan, Hua (flower) Quan, Pao Quan, Hong Quan, Hua (China) Quan, Shaolin, etc. It also includes other external fist styles such as Mian Quan, Tong Bei, Praying Mantis, Fanzi Quan, Ba Chi Quan (Eight Extremes Fist), etc. and internal fist styles such as Ba Gua, Xing Yi, etc.
- Adult Southern Fist Category: Includes southern fist styles such as Hung Ga, Lau Ga, Choy Ga, Li Ga, Mok Ga, Buddha Style, Crane Style, Wing Chun, etc.
- Adult Weapon Category (divided into male, female): Includes external weapons such as Sword, Broadsword, Spear, Staff, etc., and internal weapons such as Xing Yi Sword, Xing Yi Broadsword and Xing Yi Spear, as well as Yuanyang Blades, Qian Kun Circular Blades, etc.
- Junior Unarmed Hand Category (Males and females compete together, all styles): Includes Long Fist styles such as Cha Quan, Hua (flower) Quan, Pao Quan, Hong Quan, Hua (China) Quan, Shaolin, etc. It also includes other external fist styles such as Mian Quan, Tong Bei, Praying Mantis, Fanzi Quan, Ba Chi Quan (Eight Extremes Fist), etc. and internal fist styles such as Ba Gua, Xing Yi, etc. Also includes southern fist styles such as Hung Ga, Lau Ga, Choy Ga, Li Ga, Mok Ga, Buddha Style, Crane Style, Wing Chun, etc.
- Junior Weapon Category (Males and females compete together, all styles): Includes external weapons such as Sword, Broadsword, Spear, Staff, etc., and internal weapons such as Xing Yi Sword, Xing Yi Broadsword and Xing Yi Spear, as well as Yuanyang Blades, Qian Kun Circular Blades, etc.
- Contemporary Wushu soft metal weapons do not meet the requirements of this competition and cannot be used, however the contestants in the junior category are not subject to this rule.
- An internal style form should be limited to 3 minutes and should include most of the traditional techniques of the related style.
- An external style form should be limited to 2 minutes and should include most of the traditional techniques of the related style.
- Exceptions to the duration limit requires advanced approval upon registration.
- Contestants must be well experienced in the category that they apply for. Beginners should not apply. This contest is for advanced martial arts practitioners only.
- Each contestant can apply up to two categories for the preliminary round of this competition. Only one form is allowed for each category. Based on the score of the preliminary round, a contestant can only advance to the semi-final round in the category with better score.
- The preliminary competition is divided into two places: Taiwan preliminary and New York preliminary.
- Participants in the preliminary rounds in Taiwan can still register for the preliminary rounds in New York.
- The semi-finals and finals: Panel of Judges will determine who will advance to the semi-finals after the preliminaries and who will advance to the finals after the semi-finals.
- Semi-finals and Finals
- Date : 7/19/2022
Badminton Court, 7th Floor, Taipei Stadium, Taiwan
- Date :
- New York
- Date : 8/25 - 26/2022
47 Academy Ave Middletown, NY 10940 USA
- Location :
47 Academy Ave
Middletown, NY 10940 USA
All contestants must register in advance. The competition does not accept on-site registration.
- Registration for New York Preliminary
- Online Registration: martialarts.ntdtv.com
- Hotline: +1888-477-9228
- Fax: +1888-600-1998 (4)
- Email: email@example.com
- Registration Fee:
$40 for one preliminary category.
$70 for two preliminary categories.
Adult Male or Female Division:
$60 for one preliminary category.
$90 for two preliminary categories.
- Method of Payment:
Major credit cards, cash, traveler’s checks, or cash checks. If you use checks, pay to the title of New Tang Dynasty Television.
229 W 28th Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001, U.S.A.
Attention: NTD International Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Competition (North American Region).
Note: For details of the mailing materials, please refer to the “Application Package” on this page.
- Registration Period: 2021/12/01 - 2022/8/22
- Registration for Taiwan Preliminary
- Online Registration: martialarts.ntdtv.com
- Hotline: +886-2-55713838 (Ext. 1121)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration Fee (one category or two categories):
NT$1000 for adults. NT$500 for Students (A student ID is needed).
- Method of Payment:
In Taiwan: ATM transfer Bank code 008.
Account number 14910-010321-5.
Contestants from outside of Taiwan: Pay at the venue.
- Mailing Address (Registered letter):
6F - 3, No. 102 Songlong Road, Xinyi District, Taipei City.
NTD International Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Competition (Asia Pacific Region).
- Registration Period: 2021/12/01 - 2022/6/30
- Application Package:
- All applicants must fill out the Registration Form (downloadable at" Here "), your Martial Arts resume (personal experience, copies of award certificates, etc) and provide photocopies of all awards for validation.
- Contestants must submit two 1×1 inch color photos and a photocopy of a valid ID. A digital file of the photo is preferred.
- All forms must be legible, signed and filled out in their entirety.
- A copy of the payment confirmation of registration fee.
- All required materials can be mailed to the Competition’s Organizing Committee via registered mail before the registration deadline. All mailed information is non-returnable.
- Participants' registration will only take effect after paying the registration fee. The registration fee is non-refundable.
- For players who have special circumstances and cannot pay in advance, the organizing committee requires a formal written request to delay payment. When the registration fee is paid for the registration, an additional fee of $20 will be charged
- Registered Express Mail Fee: For contestants who need U.S. entry visa, please indicate this on the competition registration form. Also, please pay $50 Registered Express Mail Fee for visa documents mailing.
+ A sword made by
a master sword maker
+ A short weapon by
a master sword maker
- Adult Male Unarmed, Adult Female Unarmed, Adult Male Weapons, Adult Female Weapons and Adult Southern Fist divisions will all feature gold, silver and bronze prizes, as well as honorable mention awards. Prizes will be awarded according to the abilities of contestants, i.e. there may be no winner of a certain award level or there could be more than one winner of a certain award level.
- Gold Prize $5000 (before tax), plus a sword made by a master sword maker
- Silver Prize $3000 (before tax)
- Bronze Prize $1000 (before tax)
- Gold Prize $3000 (before tax), plus a short weapon made by a master sword maker
- Silver Prize $1000 (before tax)
- Bronze Prize $800 (before tax)
Note: According to U.S. tax regulations, if a prize winner is a foreign person (nonresident aliens and foreign entities), up to 30% of the prize winnings are subject to tax withhold. It is the contestant’s personal responsibility to file tax returns and obtain tax refunds.
- Any competition form must conform to the traditional martial arts characteristics of the related martial arts style. Pure and Authentic.
- The Panel of Judges will evaluate each contestant’s performance according to the following characteristics of the related martial arts style.
- The style, characteristics and depth of the set of traditional martial arts demonstrated must not mixing any other style martial arts or being creative. The Panel of Judges will evaluate each contestant’s performance according to the characteristics of the related martial arts style.
- The Correctness of Posture: The movements of arms (手 shǒu), eyes (眼 yǎn), head (頭 tóu), poses and form (身 shēn), footwork (步 bù) as well as patterns of handmotion (手型 shǒu xíng), step motion (步型 bù xíng), and body motion (身型 shēn xíng) have to meet the characteristics and the style of the chosen Martial arts Form
- The Coordination of Movements: The complete coordination of hands, eyes, the methods of the bodywork (身法 shēn fǎ) and the footwork (步法 bù fǎ), spirit, energy, strength, and kung fu, those are absolute requirements .
- The Clarity of Methods: Listed below the three categories have to be presented clearly:
- The demonstration of the traditional martial arts’ unique characteristics, the methods of kicking, striking, wrestling.
- Grappling of the fist method.
- All correct techniques of the use of traditional weapons, such as striking, slashing.
- The Flowing of Movements: The force should be exerted in a way natural and spontaneous, showing no signs of clumsiness or rigidity.
- The correct, natural ways of Breathing: The air that goes into and out of the lungs should be smooth, showing no signs of choking or wheezing.
- The Oneness of Movements: The internal energy and external poses of certain set of movements, such as hardness, softness, retracting, releasing, advancing, and retreating, have to be exerted in union.
- The Concentration of Mind: Traditional martial arts require that the martial morality of the artist-embodied in the qualities of mightiness, prowess, concentration, precision as well as retreating, dodging, softening, going with the flow (順勢 shùn shì), emptiness and solidness (虛實 xū shí) – has to be featured throughout the demonstration.
- The Steadiness of Rhythm: The speed, mobility, and abruptness of the set of movements demonstrated should be in an orderly manner, showing the rhythm of the body.
- Martial Arts Ethics: Contestants should wear traditional martial arts costume and formally greet the judges before and after their form demonstration (such as bowing, baoquan, or pairing palms). Contestants should place the Martial Arts moral code as the top priority and conduct themselves with proper etiquette. Any inappropriate behavior will result in disqualification from the competition.
- Contestants should finish the movements within the allotted time. Going over or below the time limit will result in score deduction.
- The Panel of Judges has the right of final interpretation about the result of this competition.
Accommodation and Transportation
- The Competition’s Organizing Committee will recommend hotels in USA for contestants.
- Contestants and their entourage are responsible for their own accommodation and transportation.
- Upon registration, contestants acknowledge the validity of the Rules and Regulations for the Competition.
- Contestants must follow the arrangements by the Competition’s Organizing Committee. The Committee has the right to revoke violators’ eligibilities and the prizes awarded.
- All contestants must be present at the award ceremony to receive their awards. No representative will be allowed. Awards of the absent contestants will be deemed as abandoned.
- The decisions of the Panel of Judges for all rounds shall be final. The Panel of Judges does not accept appeals.
- NTD Television is entitled to all copyrights of audio and video products made during the Competition.
- Contestants will take personal responsibility for any accident or injury that occurs during the course of the competition.
- The Competition’s Organizing Committee shall have the ultimate authority to interpret the Rules and Regulations for the Competition and have the right to make any changes to them as necessary.